- Calculate post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable records and provide other necessary clerical support to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures.
- Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments.
- Assemble invoices to be completed for payment.
- Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable).
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Assist in month end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly as well as accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Reconcile bank statements.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable.
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with Accounting Software.
- Viewpoint preferred, however not required.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational ability and a self-starter.
- Ability to follow standard filing procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail, professional attitude, reliable.
- Effective corporate communications skills.
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines.
Job Timings: Monday to Friday and may have to come in on Saturday if required, to suit UK working timings, From March to October India timing is 13:00 to 22:00 this changes to 14:00 to 23:00 in October until March.
* Cab services available for Female candidates (Pickup & Drop).
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Pharma / Biotech / Clinical Research
Functional Area:Accounts, Finance, Tax, Company Secretary, Audit
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Com - Commerce, B.B.A / B.M.S - Management
PG:M.Com - Commerce, MBA/PGDM - Finance
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Gowrie Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Our Vision is to have the strengths and financial disciplines of a big company combined with the leanness, agility and warmth of a small company. Being a family run business, we have grown at a phenomenal rate, from just four people to over 1300 in a short space of time and still growing! Investing in our people has been the key to our success; enthusiasm and passion are the key traits we look for. If you are looking for a rewarding career there is no better time to join.